KING’S Ely Boat Club had a fantastic day competing in the Cambridge Champs Junior Sculling Head on March 19th.
More than 50 of our rowers raced and a haul of first places were achieved, including the fastest time of the day – well done Will Biggs, Will Buckingham, Conall Comley and Jonny Iles!
The 1,450-metre course on the River Cam saw racing take place over three divisions.
Our winners on the day were:
▪ J18 4x- (Will Biggs, Will Buckingham, Conall Comley, Jonny Iles)
▪ J18 2x (Will Buckingham, Conall Comley)
▪ J18 1x (Will Buckingham)
▪ J16 4x (Raphael Bisson, Hugh Chippington, Alex Keene, Aron O’Connor)
▪ J16 2x (Alex Keene, Raphael Bisson)
▪ J15 4x (James Warren, Leo Good, Yanki Ertem, John Standley, Cole Flatman)
▪ J15 1x (Yanki Ertem)
▪ J14 4x (Eshan Abidi, Travis Bierton, Quentin Mitchell, Benedict Rose, Matthew Chippington)
▪ WJ16 1x (Elizabeth Boutwood)
▪ WJ15 2x (Mary Garrod, Abigail Biggs)
▪ WJ15 4x (Anna Platt, Mary Garrod, Abigail Biggs, Pippa Giles, Tara Nathan)
Craig Ward, our Head of Rowing, said: “It was a brilliant day all round. All our rowers were on great form and it was fantastic to receive so much support from the riverbank.”
Photos by Year 12 King’s Ely student, Jess Harding.