The UK Government has announced that schools in England will close at the end of this week, as part of measures to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with this advice:
- All sections of King’s Ely will close to pupils at the end of the school day on Friday 20th March.
- Minibuses will run as usual on Friday, as will wraparound care at KEA.
- We will continue to look after boarders until they can make arrangements to go home or to guardians elsewhere. However, we are not able to accommodate flexi-boarding from this point.
- It is also our intention to aid the Government in making some provision for children of key workers next week, and we await further advice and instruction on this.
- As you know, we have been preparing for this eventuality during the past couple of weeks and intend to continue next week with the provision of remote learning.
The school remains open for administrative, maintenance and admissions purposes, so please do call if there are any enquiries on 01353 660700.
Please could all visitors to the school read our protocol notice. Tours of the school for prospective parents are currently on hold until further notice.
Thank you for your support and encouragement at this difficult time.